'

Thursday, November 4, 2010

So What Happens Now?

Well, this is a good question. The phrase: "We plan and God laughs" is running through my mind.


I will be home at 3:24pm on Sunday, November 7th.


My immediate plans are to enjoy to spending time with my friends and family. Three weeks this summer just didn't seem to cut it : ). I will also, of course, be talking with my doctor and sorting through my health concerns. And, I will be job hunting - I am hoping that there is a church out there somewhere in the Charlotte-Hickory-Salisbury-ish area that needs an interim Youth and Family person. I have missed working along side a congregation, and I am excited at the idea of getting back into this type of ministry.



As for more longer term plans, I am head-over-heels in love with Eric, a North Carolina guy I had to go all the way to Slovakia to meet. Go figure. He and I will discern together what the future holds for us. I do, however, hope to go to seminary in the fall of next year. I am applying to schools in Columbia and St. Paul, and I am beginning the candidacy process with the North Carolina synod. All of this means, I am in the United States for the next couple of years (mom's really excited about that part!). Through my experiences overseas, I have learned that I do have a heart for international mission work, and I would like very much to spend more time overseas in the future.


For now though, I am very happy to be coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment