'

Friday, October 22, 2010

Vacation for Victor

This week my Peruvian boss, Senor Victor, left for his first vacation in four years of working for Association Serving Alto Cayma. Victor has six-day work weeks, and the amount of hours he works is incredible. For this reason, I am thrilled that he is going to spend a week in Lima away from the office.

I was able to go to the airport with Victor’s family to see him off. While Victor did a lot of travelling solo in his twenties, he hasn’t been away for an extended period of time since he had children. Everyone in the family was a little nervous. Victor’s youngest child, Emmanuel, was especially worried. He asked his dad to leave a picture of himself at the house so he could look at it. This was the first time his dad had every gone anywhere without him for more than a day or two. However, when I mentioned to Emmanuel that was the “Señor” de la casa for a week, he seemed to perk up a little.

I am excited to hear about Victor´s adventures with his family in Lima. Emmanuel and I are making a ¨Welcome Home¨ sign to greet Victor with when he comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment