'

Sunday, October 31, 2010

I Have A New Sister

A couple of weeks ago, my dad shared with me that he would like to sponsor a person from Alto Cayma through the Acercandonos sponsorship program. I looked through the files of people on our waiting list and saw that we had a little girl named Ariela who liked to play chess. Because my dad also plays chess, I thought he would enjoy this girl.

Ariela lives in a house with a cement roof and cement floors. She and her family have access to running water and electrcity. She has three other brothers and sisters, and her family has monthly income of 500 soles or a little less than $180. She celebrated her eleventh birthday on October 29th, and she in the the fifth grade of primary school.

This is Ariela, and I get to meet her this week and tell her that we are sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment