'

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Snezy!

For those of you who don't speak Slovak "Snezy" (pronounced: Sssh-nyez-eee) is Slovak for: "IT IS SNOWING!"

Yes, that's right. It is SNOWING in Tisovec, Slovakia. I couldn't be happier. I told my students yesterday that snow was in the forecast for this week, and I asked them to wear their pajamas inside out last night as good luck for snow. Today, I am happy to report that I had students coming up to me all day saying variations of: "Ms. Large, we wore our pajamas outside in!"

In the last week, the weather has changed drastically: the sun rises at 7 am, and it is setting by 6:30pm. The highs this week are anywhere from -3 celcius to 2 celcius.

I am NOT embarrassed to say that I turned on some Christmas music - just for today.

1 comment:

  1. We will see how long this takes before you are sick of the white stuff. Enjoy it now, long way to go for sunshine.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete