'

Thursday, July 29, 2010

"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

In three days, I am hopping on another plane and travelling across the world - again. This time, however, I will be heading southward instead of eastward. This is particularly exciting for me because it means that I am in the same time zone as my friends and family. Life --- particularly skype calls home ---- just got that much easier!

In the last three weeks, I have felt like I have been going round and round in a revolving door. I have visited New York City; Toledo, Ohio; and Cary, Taylorsville, Hickory and Asheville, NC. I have preached at two different churches, and I have had more lunch and dinner dates than I have ever had in my life. I have so enjoyed my time at home. It has been a blessing to see the faces of family and friends that I have missed over the last year. Time with you all is good for my soul : ). These last few weeks have been a whirlwind, but I wouldn't trade a second of them.

I am going to continue blogging about my adventures in Peru. The blog rules are still the same: what you read here is for your eyes only. Whatever you do, Shh! Don't tell mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment