'

Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Place to Call Home - Pictures at Last : )


For the next year, I am calling Tisovec, Slovakia home.  

Tisovec is a mining town.


This is the trail to the carbonated and still water springs where most of the town gets water.


Here’s Heidi and my friend Rachel at the spring.


This is the eastern part of the town.


This is a road leading to the town square. You can see the steeple of the Lutheran church where I worship in the distance.


This is a main road in Tisovec.

I live in a green apartment complex on the first floor. Here’s my building.


This is the view from our kitchen window.

This is the view from our “dining room” window.
This is our living room.

This is our table.
This is our kitchen. Heidi and I have done some serious cooking in here: we made bread, yogurt and granola this past week!

This is our foyer. Thanks to the Advent Quilters for our beautiful quilt – this helps make our house a home.

This is our bathroom.

Last but not least, here’s our bedroom.




1 comment:

  1. Well, at least you didn't eat any dairy products. :)

    ReplyDelete