'

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dinner with the 1B1s

Eric and I are mentors for a group of first year students known as the 1B1 class. We teach these students – I teach them every day and Eric has them four times a week. In short, we have gotten to know these fifteen kids very, very well. It's safe to say that we have all fallen in love with each other.

We try to get together with the 1B1s about every six weeks or so. This year we have already had one lock-in (no one slept....), and a couple of restaurant dinners. Last Thursday, however, we invited the kids over to my house for dinner. I made stromboli from scratch (bread and all!) and Eric grilled veggies. I also made the kids their first chocolate oatmeal cookies (also known as blobs or dookie pies). The kids loved the cookies and said they “had never had anything like them.”

Eric and I enjoyed spending time with these students. Becky (another one of their teachers) came over as well, and the three of us got caught up on all the drama and happenings of the first years.

Out of all of the students I work with, 1B1 class is one of the brightest and most-hardworking. They are a huge part of the reason that I am enjoying teaching so much.

These are my 1B1 babies:

No comments:

Post a Comment